Ladoo Cheesecake: A Delightful Fusion of Flavors and Fun!
Table of Contents
Scrumptious Ladoo Cheesecake
Hey there! Are you looking for a dessert that is fast, easy, and irresistibly yummy? Allow me to introduce you to Ladoo Cheesecake, a delicious fusion of traditional Indian sweets and classic creamy cheesecake.
This delightful dessert is quick and easy to make, requiring only basic ingredients and minimal prep time.
Plus, with its vibrant colors and pretty presentation, Ladoo Cheesecake makes for a seriously impressive dessert that is sure to wow your family and friends.
What is Ladoo Cheesecake?
Introducing… the mouthwatering Laddu Cheesecake! Prepare to be dazzled by this delightful fusion dessert that will not only satisfy your sweet tooth but also take your taste buds on a flavor adventure.
Picture this: a crumbly biscuit base, topped with a velvety cream cheese mousse, and sprinkled with a heavenly motichoor ladoo crumble. And the cherry on top? Crunchy pistachios that add a delightful crunch to every bite.
This sensational dessert is served in cute glasses or jars, creating the perfect portion size for your indulgence. It’s not only delicious but also pleasing to the eye, making it an ideal choice for dinner parties or special occasions.
And the best part? Laddu Cheesecake can be prepared ahead of time! Just whip up those store-bought orange-colored confections called motichoor ladoo, and layer them into this irresistible cheesecake. It’s a total hit and unbelievably quick and easy to make.
Who says everything needs to be made from scratch? Embrace the ease and convenience of Laddu Cheesecake without compromising on taste or presentation.
Get ready to impress your guests and treat yourself to a truly extraordinary dessert experience.
But wait, what are motichoor ladoos?
Motichoor ladoos are delectable, round-shaped orange colored sweet treats that are a popular part of Indian cuisine1.
To make motichoor ladoos, tiny balls of chickpea flour (boondi) are deep-fried until they turn golden and crisp. These boondis are then mixed with a flavorful sugar syrup and shaped into neat round balls.
Motichoor ladoos are often enjoyed as festive sweets, desserts, or as a delightful treat with a cup of tea or coffee.
Ingredients for Ladoo Cheesecake
Motichoor Ladoos – You’ll need a box and they usually have 9-12 motichoor laddos in a standard sweet box.
Biscuits – You can use any biscuits of your choice. I used a tea biscuit called Parle-G. Good old graham crackers are totally fine.
Butter – Regular or vegan butter both work.
Cream cheese – Use full-fat cream cheese both regular and vegan kind work.
Heavy whipping cream – Heavy cream helps make the cheesecake deliciously fluffy.
Sugar – Use powdered sugar for best results.
Edible Silver leaf or Vark – COmpletely optional and only for aesthetic purposes. It’s available on Amazon.
Cardamom powder – Cardamom adds a sweet and woody flavor to the dessert.
Chopped nuts – You can add almonds, pistachio, cashew, or any other nuts of your choice.
Steps to Make Ladoo Cheesecake
Prepare the Cheesecake Base:
- Powder the Biscuits: Take the biscuits and grind them into a fine powder.
- Add Cardamom Powder and Mix: Sprinkle cardamom powder into the powdered biscuits and mix well to incorporate the flavors.
- Melt Butter and Mix: Melt the butter and combine it with the biscuit powder mixture. Mix thoroughly until the butter is evenly distributed, forming the cheesecake base.
Prepare the Cheesecake Filling:
- Whisk Cream Cheese: Take a mixing bowl and add the softened cream cheese Whisk it vigorously with a wire whisk for about 5 minutes until it becomes smooth and creamy.
- Add Heavy Whipping Cream and Sugar: Pour in the heavy cream and one tablespoon of powdered sugar. Continue whisking the mixture for another 3-4 minutes, preferably using an electric hand blender until it becomes fluffy and well combined.
Layer the Cheesecake:
- Create the Base Layer: Take a pudding jar and place a portion of the biscuit base into the bottom. Press it gently but firmly with your fingers to create a compact layer.
- Add Smashed Ladoos: Fill the second layer with two tablespoons of smashed ladoos, spreading them evenly over the biscuit base.
- Spoon the Cheese-Cream Layer: Pour a layer of the cream cheese mixture over the ladoo layer, making sure to cover them completely.
- Add Remaining Smashed Ladoos: For the final layer, fill the top with the remaining portion of the smashed ladoos, distributing them evenly.
- Garnish and Enjoy: Sprinkle chopped nuts and silver vark as a garnish on top of the cheesecake, enhancing its appearance and taste. Now, your delightful Ladoo Cheesecake is ready to be enjoyed!
Following these steps, layer all the other pudding cups and set them in the fridge covered with aluminum foil till ready to serve.
Enjoy every delectable bite!