Hara Chana Chaat is a refreshing and tangy vegan Indian snack made with cooked green chickpeas tossed in a blend of spices, topped with crunchy toppings, and finished with a squeeze of lemon juice.
- 2 cups dried green chickpeas. Fresh frozen green chickpeas are available in Indian grocery stores in the freezer section.
- 1/2 cup onions – finely chopped
- 1/2 cup tomatoes – Finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons coriander/cilantro – finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli powder (optional)
- 1 teaspoon chaat masala
- 2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Soak the dried green chickpeas overnight.
- Boil till cooked through and soft.
- Add all the ingredients in a big mixing bowl,
- Serve warm and enjoy!
Check pro tips.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Category: Salad
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: Indian
Keywords: hare chana chaat