Indulge in a spice-infused symphony with our Egg Curry, where perfectly boiled eggs are simmered in a fragrant blend of aromatic spices.
- 6 eggs (hardboiled)
- 1 medium onion chopped fine or minced
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 3/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon Allspice (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder (use Kashmiri chili if you don’t want it too spicy. It adds a lovely color too)
- 2 teaspoons tomato paste.
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 medium potato quartered (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil ( I use avocado oil)
- 2 cups water
- A small handful coriander leaves (cilantro) for garnishing
- Hard boil the eggs.
- Apply turmeric and salt to the eggs and make sure they are coated well.
- Shallow fry the eggs using 1 tablespoon oil. They will turn red in color. Keep aside.
- In the same pan pour the remaining oil, and shallow fry the potatoes, if using. Keep aside.
- Add the garlic and onion to the oil and keep the heat to medium. Saute for 2 minutes. It will brown slightly.
- Add the turmeric powder, chili powder, salt, and allspice if using, as well as cumin and coriander powders. Saute for a minute.
- If you need to add a bit more oil do so or the spices may stick. You may also sprinkle some water if the spices start catching.
- Now add tomato paste. Incorporate with the spices by stirring.
- Next, add the sauteed potatoes and mix. Adjust the heat from medium to medium-low so the spices don’t burn.
- Prick the eggs with a fork gently. Add the water and the sauteed eggs to the pan and bring to a boil.
- Now cover and cook on low till the potatoes are done.
- You’ll have to check but I’d say about 10 minutes or so. (Without potatoes, 5 minutes).
- Sprinkle the garam masala on top and turn off the heat.
- Garnish with chopped coriander.
- Keep the pan covered for 2 minutes to let the garam masala blend in.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Some pots cook fast so heat should be kept at medium-low in those cases
- You can omit the step of frying eggs and add hardboiled eggs to the curry.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
Keywords: Egg Curry