Savor the unforgettable blend of crispy golden-brown chicken bathed in an irresistibly tangy, umami-rich sauce – an absolute culinary pleasure set to ignite your taste buds!
- 500 gmS (1 lb) chicken tenderloin strips
- 2 egg whites – beaten
- 1 cup + 1 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder (optional)
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon ginger-garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- ½ cup thinly sliced onions
- ½ cup thinly sliced red bell pepper
- ¾ th cup tomato ketchup
- 2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon vinegar
- 4 cloves chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped spring onions (scallions)
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- Cooking oil for frying
- In a mixing bowl add the chicken strips, coriander powder, red chilli powder, cumin powder, salt, ginger-garlic paste, black pepper and 1 teaspoon vinegar.
- Marinade for 15-20 minutes.
- Now take the chicken strips one by one and dip in egg white and then coat them in all-purpose flour.
- Next shallow or deep fry them in oil for 6-8 minutes in low heat till they turn golden brown.
- Then take another pan, heat 1 tablespoon oil, and add the chopped garlic, onions, and bell peppers and saute for 3-4 minutes.
- Now add 2 teaspoons of chili powder, soy sauce, and 1 teaspoon vinegar.
- Next, add the tomato ketchup and saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of all-purpose flour with 1/4th cup of water and add it to the mixture.
- Now add the fried chicken strips and coat the chicken evenly on low heat.
- Keep stirring till the chicken is coated completely.
- Serve on a tray and garnish with sesame seeds and chopped scallions.
Feel free to use cornstarch instead of flour to thicken the sauce.
I recommend using organic ketchup. Regular ketchup contains high fructose corn syrup that I like to avoid.
Toasting the sesame seeds ahead of time makes them taste beautifully nutty and delicious!
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
Keywords: Crispy Asian inspired Chicken