Spiced Buttermilk Delight: Chaas
Table of Contents
Discover the Delight of Chaas
Introducing Chaas: the ultimate thirst-quencher and a burst of flavors in every sip.
This spiced buttermilk drink revitalizes you with its cool, refreshing zing, while the perfect blend of spices adds a tantalizing twist.
What is Chaas?
Indulge in the authentic taste of traditional Indian chaas, a refreshing buttermilk drink that combines the goodness of ginger, green chilies, and curry leaves. With a perfect balance of flavors, this delightful blend is carefully prepared by sieving the mixture after blending it with water and a touch of salt.
Savor every sip of this wholesome and invigorating beverage that will transport you to the vibrant streets of India.
Every home has its own Chaas recipe. I prepare it the South Indian way, just the way my mother-in-law taught me!
Ingredient At A Glance
Buttermilk – I use the low-fat kind.
Green Indian chili or serrano chili -Chaas needs a bit of a kick. You can adjust the heat as per your tolerance or leave out the chilies.
Ginger – The spicy and peppery flavor of ginger totally adds to the overall taste of the drink.
Curry Leaves – The flavor and aroma of curry leaves are the secret ingredient in this drink.
Salt – You can use black salt or regular table salt. Adjust the quantity as per your taste.
How To Prepare Chaas?
- Take out your blender. To the jar, add all the ingredients, ginger, chili, curry leaves, salt, and buttermilk.
- Add about half a cup of water to thin out the drink. We don’t usually add ice because it dilutes the drink, and the buttermilk is already chilled from being in the refrigerator.
- Blend everything to form a smooth drink.
- Pour it into a glass using a sieve; since you’re blending curry leaves, ginger, and chili, this will get rid of the small amount of pulp.
- Enjoy the chaas and thank me later.
The Surprising Health Benefits of Chaas
Chaas, or spiced Indian buttermilk, offers several health benefits. It aids in digestion and reduces acidity.
The cooling effect of chaas helps in beating the summer heat and preventing dehydration.
Additionally, it is rich in vitamins, nutrients, and electrolytes, making it a refreshing and nutritious beverage.Print